Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Bothers of Bloggers

Hello All,

Just a quick thought on something that has seriously irked me since I began the wondrous expedition into the magical land of menswear.

When I started developing a personal style, I obviously wanted to know the most I could about everything I was wearing. Where clothes were made, how they were made, what type of process and interactions were involved. Naturally, to answer my questions I turned to the largest source of information in the world: The Internet. Blessed as we all are to live in this technologically advanced world, fashion and knowledge in general, are now much more accessible than they ever were. At first, the process of immersion was slow and slightly arduous. Until one day, I discovered the wonderful innovation that is the Menswear Blog. Joyfully, I read every one. All the big names, all the little ones, I dived in, with no inclination to ever come up for air. It was bliss. I now knew about Neapolitan shoulders, the best English Mills, and the most reputable up and coming clothing companies. I knew what brand George Clooney was wearing, what collection it was from, and how much it had cost him ( Usually a number with too many digits to the right of the decimal).

But throughout my immersion, something always bothered me. The fact is, if you really love "fashion", you understand how terrifying it can be, how utterly intimidating and unapproachable it is towards some people. Yet all these bloggers, even with their fantastic photos and pictures of the world's most stylish, all  had the same crucial fault. They all spoke in their own lingo, using abbreviations and catchphrases no one would ever understand. They made fashion like an exclusive clique, where you were judged by how you talked the talk, and seemingly nothing else. To me, they made fashion so accessible, yet so frighteningly alien.

In light of this, I decided to create my own blog. I would track down the best the internet has to offer, and condense it to one short post a day. I would help and guide those in search of a smarter sartorial self, and in return I too would become a better dressed person. I vowed never to resort to crude slang or profanity, anything that might turn one away from pursuing their new found interest in fashion. Together, the reader and I would discover the beauty and intricacy of a Etro coat, one with a a paisley underlining. Together we will grow and mature, both as people and as dressers.

Please join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment